What ya need:
12 oz (2.5 Cups) All Purpose Flour
For the Glaze:
- Preheat the oven to 335 degrees and place rack in the middle position.
- Line the bottoms of 1 (12 inch) round pan OR 2 (9 inch) round pans with parchment paper OR lightly coat a cupcake tray with cooking spray and paper liners.
- Measure dry and wet ingredients separately. Whisk to combine separately.
- Measure butter, shortening, sugar and vanilla into bowl of standing mixer. Combine on medium low for about 5 minutes
- Add in the eggs one at a time, allowing each to fully incorporate
- Alternately add dry and wet ingredients about a quarter of the time. Scrape the bowl to the bottom and mix for 20 seconds on low speed.
- Scoop batter into prepared pans, set aside
- In the bowl of staffing mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix for about 4 minutes.
- Pour the topping mixture onto the cake batter. For two 9-inch pans, cook about 40 minutes, or until sides are lightly browned and wooden skewer comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Let cool while you make the glaze: Combine all ingredients over a double boiler on low heat until melted. Drizzle melted glaze over cakes. (Don’t stack—just have two 1-layer cakes!!)
Some pictures of the experience:
This is the batter before the topping
This is what makes it gooey and delightful.
Cook it until it's firm in the center and brown on the sides.
Kill an Easter Bunny...
Melting butter and chocolate.
Drizzling the madness...