I work at a wellness center. Translate: gym.
While I'm at work, I present myself as a healthy fitness buff with a love for almond butter and fresh fruit. I use my breaks to get extra steps and more often than not, I'm standing up, teaching a class, training a client and promoting the healthy lifestyle I lead.
After work, I scurry to Wegman's, pick up some sugar and chocolate, melt them together and make miracles happen.
I was researching baked goodies at work yesterday because it was particularly slow. Bad idea. Women were walking by oohing and aahing at lemon bars, custards and pies. Worse was my boss.
"THAT!" He points at a page in a magazine. "I want that."
For those of you who have been loyal readers for a few months, you know that my boss loves peanut butter.
And he was pretty much gawking at this wonderful looking layered brownie with peanut butter and chocolate.
I'm going out of town and work the next two days and so my boss is sad because he will miss me so. To pick him up, not to kiss ass, I told him I would make it so I could bring him a few nibbles.
Wouldn't you hire me?
Triple Layer Brownies
What ya need:
1 pkg. (19 to 21 oz.) brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
1 cup cold milk
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1 cup Creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup Powdered sugar
1-1/2 cups Whipped Topping (Do not thaw)
3 squares Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/2 cup Dry Roasted Peanuts, coarsely chopped
What ya do:
1. You can use a boxed mix or your own recipe to make brownies in a 13x9 inch pan. Let cool.
2. Meanwhile, beat milk and pudding mix with whisk 2 min.
3. Add peanut butter and sugar; mix well.
4. Refrigerate until brownies are completely cooled. Spread peanut butter mixture over brownies.
5. Melt whipped topping with chocolate in a sauce pan or microwave. Spread over pudding layer and top with nuts.
6.Refridgerate for one hour before serving and store extras, if there are any, in the fridge.
Yum! Better than a Reese’s!